Continued progress in getting Zelda ready to ship and code optimization throughout the code base.
- Continuation of Middleware Refactor - #5415, #5420
- Other code optimization and test coverage - #5417, #5428, #5381
- New api endpoints for the new tag component and auto-complete being worked on - #3800, #5343
- Continued style fixing and optimization for Zelda - #5414, #5408, #5435, #5419
- The bugs, regressions and todos issue has been updated showing everything that needs to be done before the next release - #5314
- The navigation is ready pending a few tweaks
- Everything in the Zelda milestone is considered a blocker for the next release
- Picking up the rest of the middleware refactor - #5286
- The inline validation, notifications and all of the onboarding stuff are considered major blockers. These are mostly in progress.
The reason for the middleware being split out into different files has never really been explained. Hannah explained that with split middleware files, it is easier to see what middleware Ghost has (and how well it is tested), and also gives Ghost the ability to move the middleware around because it is not all in one large file. There was some discussion on whether people liked this approach or not, and everyone seemed to agree that it was best to split the middleware up.
The full logs of the meeting can be found in our Slack logs.
What is this?
We hold a public development meeting pretty much every Tuesday at 5:30pm London time in the #ghost channel on Ghost's slack. In this meeting we discuss progress, important issues, and what is and isn't on the Roadmap. It's a chance for everyone to get involved and have their say about where Ghost goes next.
Hope to see you at next week's meeting: Tuesday 23rd June, 5:30pm London time.
Stay up to date with the latest Ghost news, tutorials and resources. All the best bits, delivered every Sunday.