We've released version 1.3.0 of Ghost-CLI — with some very important updates...
Please upgrade as soon as you can!
- [New] SSL renewal fix & migration
- [New] Added Ghost compatibility check
- [Improved] CLI upgrade notifications
- [Fixed] Removed knex-migrator dependency
1.3.0 is an important release, for the following reasons:
- The SSL renewal issue will be automatically fixed when you run
ghost updateor if you run
ghost migrate, see below for more info.
- Ghost-CLI now knows if it is out-of-date and prompts you to upgrade
- Removal of the knex-migrator dependency means less compatibility issues with nvm, sqlite, etc.
A month ago we received a report that SSL certificate renewal does complete successfully with <=1.1.3. Although the certificates were regenerated correctly, nginx was not restarted, meaning the new certificates were not picked up.
If you're reading this and your blog is offline with the error
sudo nginx -s reloadto fix the problem and then upgrade Ghost-CLI to ensure it doesn't happen before..
If your blog was created with the CLI <= 1.1.3 please upgrade now to the latest version and then run either
ghost migrate or
Removal of knex-migrator
If you used Ghost-CLI before and ran into difficulty managing node versions, using nvm, or with sqlite3 (even if you weren't using sqlite3), you should find that Ghost-CLI is now much easier to use.
How to Upgrade
For npm users, run:
sudo npm i -g ghost-cli@latest
For yarn users, run:
sudo yarn global add ghost-cli@latest
The full upgrade guide lives here: https://docs.ghost.org/docs/upgrade#section-upgrading-ghost-cli
Stay up to date with the latest Ghost news, tutorials and resources. All the best bits, delivered every Sunday.